As Assistant Director of Finance at Regent Hong Kong, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the hotel while managing hotels assets and ensuring a centralized accounting environment.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Educate, train and motivate finance team in compliance with local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Maintain relations with outside contacts including Corporate Offices, Business Service Center, regulatory agencies and others as needed
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to questions, complaints and/or request from owner representatives, corporate office staff, colleagues, suppliers, guest to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Audit and oversee the accuracy of all guest billing.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems, maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts and inventories, ensure ethical accounting practices in compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Assist in annual budget and weekly and monthly forecasts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Accounting, Finance and five years in hotel accounting or audit with at least two years in an Assistant Controller of similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilised frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organisational and training abilities are used often.
- Reading abilities are used often in reviewing financial analyses, budgets, and other related reports. Writing abilities are used in compiling these financial reports, as well as to document.
- Knowledge of hotel systems, such as OPERA, SUN system, Check SCM and Infrasys POS preferred.